Amorim NatureCork infills designed to ensure performance and elasticity naturally.
Amorim Sports' Nature are natural infills, with negative carbon balance, for artificial turf based on cork granules
Amorim Sports' Nature infills is a 100% natural product of plant origin, ecological and recyclable, from a renewable raw material, as the cork oak bark extraction is part of their life cycle.
Amorim Sports' Nature infills contribute to a lower carbon footprint of sports surfaces with a negative carbon balance of -72.5kg CO2e/kg according to a study based on a tool specifically developed by PwC*. These infills are produced with cork and used in artificial sports pitches, contribute to a smaller impact on the climate. They also improve players' comfort, stabilise the surface temperature and increase the longevity of the sports systems where they are incorporated.
Cork infill contains only top-quality material and is very resistant with strong durability, almost unalterable and imperishable. Due to its membrane flexibility, the cells in Amorim Nature function as microscopic air cushions, which regain their shape after compression. Amorim Nature infills offer excellent shock absorbing properties, meeting industry standards for immediate and long-term player safety.
*The study was based on a tool specifically developed by PwC – PricewaterhouseCoopers, which makes it possible to estimate the Carbon Footprint associated to granules produced from cork and cork waste, from the management phase of the cork oak forest, transport of these raw materials, processing and packaging, to the factory gate, using the Cradle-to-Gate approach (which does not include transport, application or end-of-life destination).
Cork infills ensure performance naturallyAmorim Nature infills’ main goals are to allow functional suitability, a balance between cost-effectiveness and environmental compatibility, material durability, and multifunctionality.
- Great energy absorption, avoiding player injury under fall
- Improved rotational friction, avoiding player injury
- Low energy restitution, aiming players comfort
- High elasticity and compression resistance
- Provides the support required by the pile
- Decay resistant
- Flame retardancy properties
- Key component in safety and performance characteristics of the pitch
- Decreased surface temperature
- 100% natural, renewable and recyclable
- No chemical contamination, 100% free according to REACH
To be certified with the RAL quality mark means that:
- Amorim Sports cork infills and production processes are thereby externally monitored, without any prior notice, by an independent quality community and checked for their consistency and uniformity;
- Amorim Sports cork infills comply with DIN-EN 15330-1;
- Amorim Sports cork infills comply with and are tested according to RAL-GZ 944 requirements;
- Amorim Sports cork infills are environmentally friendly (in compliance with all the RAL highly stringent requirements).
RAL Gütezeichen (Quality Marks) diffenrs from other labels because the RAL quality assurance system guarantees that they are neutral and objective. In addition, the Quality Assurance Associations regularly check the Quality Assurance and Test Specifications and adapt them when necessary to new requirements and thereby keep the regulations up-to-date. RAL Gütezeichen (Quality Marks) are thus an independent, objective validation for quality assurance, that represent a consistently monitored level of quality.
|Material||Particle Size (mm)||Bulk Density (Kg/m³)¹||Moisture Content (%)²|
|Amorim Nature 130||1 - 2||110 - 130||< 12|
|Amorim Nature 140||1 - 4||110 - 140||< 15|
|Amorim Nature 190||1 - 2||170 - 210||< 14|
|Amorim Nature 250||1 - 2||225 - 276||< 20|
(1) ISO 2031
(2) ISO 2190
The data provided in this table represents typical values. This information is not intended to be used as a purchasing specification and does not imply suitability for use in a specific application. Failure to select the proper product may result in either equipments damage or personal injury. Please contact us regarding specific application recommendations. Amorim Cork Composites expressly disclaims all warranties, including any implied warranties or merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. Amorim Cork Composites is not liable for any indirect special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages as a result of using the information listed in this table. Any of its material specification sheets, its products or any future use or re-use of them by any person or entity.