Amorim Airlastic layerProviding the necessary and well designed elastic characteristics for the sport application.
The Amorim Airlastic layer shock pad for artificial turf systems was developed to be applied insitu, with a proprietary carrier mat to enhance shock absorption.
Combining rubber from recycled tires and cork, it provides a product that complies with FIFA requirements for shock pads and creates a high-performance system.
It is weatherproof, long-lasting and decay-resistant.
The introduction of an insitu shock pad between the stone or macadam base and the artificial turf provides comfort to players, optimising sporting functionality for the players and the sustainability of the system.
Specially designed cork components can be used under the turf to create a 100% natural elastic layer. Cork is a natural component that improves energy restitution values besides it helps the turf to be more elastic and oxygenated. It is the best natural inert material and does not absorb moisture, it simply conserves it on the surface.
- Excellent shock absorption, avoiding player injuries from falls
- Reduces players’ physical fatigue
- Gentle on joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Excellent results in terms of ball bounce and energy restitution
- Lower water absorption
- Conserves temperature during winter
- Decay resistant
- High elasticity and compression resistant
- Fast and easy installation
- At the end of the turf system’s working life, the existing Amorim Sports in situ shockpad can be reused in a new system
- Cork is a 100% natural component that acts as a CO₂ retainer
- Promotes circular economy
- Carbon negative contribution to artificial turf system